Interior Painting for Homes
One of the many exciting things about owning a home is getting the chance to paint the interior any way you like it. With so much wall space, you can update it any way you choose. But interior home painting can be a bit of a daunting task for those that may have never done it before. Not only are there several important steps to take, but there are several things to consider before you even begin painting. Rather than take on everything by yourself, rely on companies like Sharp Paintworx for help. We can provide services like home interior painting in Cincinnati, OH and other areas. Call (513) 996-6835 to get started today.
Interior Painting Company Services
Too often homeowners think that painting sections of their home interior will take a few hours and that will be that. The fact of the matter is, interior painting takes a lot of time, energy, and attention to detail that many may not be aware of. There are many things to consider outside of paint color. Homeowners need to think about durability, longevity, finish, and so much more. Just like when you are deciding on options for a vinyl siding installation. Choosing the right paint for your interior involves so much more than what many currently know about. That is why when you are interested in home interior painting in Cincinnati, OH, it’s best to rely on experts like Sharp Paintworx. We have years of experience with interior painting services.
Home Interior Painting Process
When you are ready to paint your home interior, there are several steps you need to take for the most flawless application. These steps will help make sure your paint job is even and consistent. More so, these steps will ensure that your home and property are protected from unwanted paint.
- Prep: Before any painting can actually take place, your walls, trim, and ceiling need to be inspected for damage. If any amount of damage is present, it needs to be fixed. Doing so will ensure an even paint job. More than that, it will prevent any damage from occurring during and after the paint job.
- Prime: Priming the walls is critical for a consistent and even application. This step actually does three things. 1) prevents the color from bleeding; 2) allows for single-coat, true color painting; 3) improves adherence, which will prevent blistering and peeling while the paint is drying.
- Cover: Once it is time to actually paint, cover any surface you don’t want painted with canvas tarps. Not only will it lay flatter than plastic, but will absorb color preventing it from making a bigger mess.
- Paint: There is a debate about the interior painting brush vs roller. When painting larger areas, choose a roller for the majority of the work. Paint brushes have a time and a place, but for an efficient and even application, choose the roller.
- Clean: After all the painting is done, let the paint completely dry before removing any tape that you may have applied. To ensure the most even removal, use a knife or cutting tool to loosen the tape without also removing the dried paint.
Inexperienced painters can find this process lengthy and time-consuming. But for those that have experience with residential painting, this process shouldn’t take more than a few days. Depending on the size of your home, interior painting jobs will usually take about a week to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should I paint my house?
- Depending on how durable the paint you use is, homeowners may want to repaint their homes every 5-7 years. That can also depend on how often you use each painted room and how timeless the color selection is.
- How long should interior paint last?
- How long the paint lasts depends on the quality and condition of the actual room. A quality paint job with high-quality paints, should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years.
- How much does it cost to paint the interior of a house?
- Depending on the size of your home, possible damage that needs to be repaired, and ceilings/trim, interior paint jobs can run between $3,750 and $9,000. Wall, trim, and ceiling repairs are factored into the cost to paint your home.
- Does interior paint fade over time?
- Yes, even the most high-quality, durable paints will fade over time. Constantly exposure to sunlight can cause some paints to lighten and others to darken. Things like a change in humidity and excess smoke or vapor can also cause your paint to fade.
- What causes paint fade?
- The number one culprit for paint fading is sunlight. Interior paints are not manufactured to be used where it will constantly be exposed to sunlight. That is why it can’t be used for exterior painting.
Schedule Your Appointment Today by Calling (513) 996-6835
For quality home interior painting in Cincinnati, OH, trust none other than Sharp Paintworx. We can provide the most efficient and even paint application for any room in your house. Reach out to our team, (513) 996-6835, to make an appointment or to learn more about our services.